Custom-designed forms are available to meet your finish requirements.
• Diagonal (30 ̊ and 45 ̊)
• Diamond (male and female)
Fits most knurl holders.
QUESTIONS? Give us a call. Natman Corp – Toll Free: 800-345-5512
|TPI||Tooth Angle||Straight||Diagonal||Diamond - Male||Diamond - Female|
|Diametral Pitch||Tooth Angle||Straight||Diagonal||Equivalent Normal Circular TPI - Straight Teeth||Equivalent Normal Circular TPI - 30 ̊ Diagonal|
All tolerances, unless otherwise specified, will be the tolerances used on our stock knurls. We will be glad to quote price and delivery on special knurls upon receipt of the necessary information as outlined above.
Knurls for Cross Slide Attachments
CJWinter designs straight and diagonal knurls to customer specifications for knurling on CJWinter, Davenport, Reed and other cross slide thread rolling attachments. Knurls can be supplied in various types, in either circular or diametral pitch, to suit individual requirements. The four diametral pitches available are 64, 96, 128 and 160.
How to Order Knurls
A large variety of knurl blanks are regularly carried in stock, insuring fast delivery on special knurls made to customer’s specifications.
When ordering special knurls, please furnish a blueprint of the knurl desired or provide the specific information outlined below:
1) Outside diameter of knurl
2) Overall width of knurl
3) Size of hole in knurl
4) Dimension of any shoulders desired, giving width and diameter of each
5) Blank diameter/finish diameter
6) Knurl pattern: straight, diagonal, male or female diamond (Diagonal or diamond teeth normally cut with 30° helix angle)
7) Number of teeth on knurl (an odd number of teeth is usually preferred over an even number)
8) Tooth angle 70° or 90° for circular pitch and 80° for diametral pitch (see chart for approximate increase in diameter)