Burnishing rolls are manufactured holding extremely tight tolerances with polished surfaces to produce mirror-like finishes on your part.
When burnishing, the pressure generated by the rolls exceeds the yield point of the part surface at the point of contact, resulting in a slight deformation on the surface of the work piece.
Since most machined surfaces consist of a series of peaks and valleys of inconsistent height, the deformation created by roller burnishing displaces the material from the peaks into the valleys creating a mirror like finish with a tough, work-hardened and wear resistant surface.
QUESTIONS? Give us a call. Natman Corp – Toll Free: 800-345-5512
How to Order Thread Rolls
When placing an order or requesting a quote, please have the following information available:
1. Make and model of thread rolling attachment
2. Style of thread roll (i.e. D-1, DR-1, C-1, etc.)
3. Size and pitch of thread to be rolled, including dimensional tolerances if other than standard
4. Length of thread on part
5. Material to be rolled
6. Print of part to be rolled
- 1. Special rolls may require a sample part or more detailed specifications
- 2. Some rolls require a special calculation to figure the work face on the roll.